With May Day just around the corner, Forage & Fleur and our amazing team want to show you how to throw a gorgeous May Pole party for you and your friends! Tutorial Steps: 1. Gather supplies: snips, wire, greens of your choice (We used ruscus, long leaf wax flower, and jasmine), measuring tape, birch pole, rebar, clear zip ties, hammer, and nails!
You can forage for your greens!
2. Start with your base green and begin to wire all of the base greens together by starting at the beginning of one piece and the end of another piece, trimming as necessary. We chose ruscus for the organic shape and its ability to withstand being out of water for an extended time. Since the garland will be held for the may pole, make sure to tightly wire it together and test as you go by gently tugging in opposite directions to assure textural integrate.
3. As you go, add in any flower/greenery accents. We chose the long-leaf wax flower and jasmine
. Continue to wire into your main garland as light or heavy as you like.
4. Continue until you have ten feet of garland.
5. Repeat until you have the number of garlands you need. We did five.
6. Hammer five nails (or total number of garlands) into the birch pole and begin to wire the ends of each garland to the nails.
8. Take any remaining greens and lightly wire them up the pole to cover up the rebar and zip ties.
9. Gather yours friends and love ones to dance around the may pole in celebration of May Day.
Photographer: Tulle & Grace | Styling & Coordination: Candice of Chancey Charm | Floral Design & Concept: Rebekah of Forage & Fleur | Hair & Makeup: Joanna Webb | Food: Whole Foods
See more of this session on 100 Layer Cake!